Tata Sons Private Limited retains copyright on all the text, graphics and trademarks displayed on this site. All the text, graphics and trademarks displayed on this site are owned by Tata Sons Private Limited and used under licence by Tata affiliates.
You may print copies of the information on this site for your personal use and store the files on your computer for personal use. You may not distribute text or graphics to others without the express written consent of Tata Sons and Tata affiliates. Also, you may not, without our permission, copy and distribute this information on any other server, or modify or reuse text or graphics on this or any another system.
No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain, nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site, whether in hard copy or electronic format, including postings to any other site. Tata Sons Private Limited reserves all other rights.
Neither Tata Sons and Tata affiliates, nor their or their affiliates' officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this site or any site linked to it, including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
TATA SONS PRIVATE LIMITED
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR WWW.TMTCTATA.COM
Tata Sons Private Limited ( "Tata Sons" or "we") takes the privacy of your information seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you on this website (www.tmtctata.com) and how we use that data.
|Data||includes information that you submit to Tata Sons via the website, information which is accessed by Tata Sons pursuant to your visit to the website because of|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including the GDPR and the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended or substituted;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Tata Sons or us||Tata Sons Private Limited, a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street, Mumbai, India, 400001;|
|User or you||the natural person who accesses the website;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.tmtctata.com|
Tata Sons collects data on this Website. You can visit this Website without telling us who you are. However, you may not be able to access certain functionalities of this Website if you do so.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For instance, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in the Website.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may choose to not provide the information. However, if you do not provide the personal data you will not be able to access certain functionalities.
3. We may collect information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, including:
- Contact information: We collect your first name, last name, telephone/mobile number, time zone information, organization name and email id;
- Your academic and professional information like educational achievements, designation etc., which you can voluntarily provide if you want to use certain features.
- Additional organizational information like designation, department and region may be provided by authorized points of contact of organizations after following due diligence of employee data collection at source
4. How we Collect Data
We collect your data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you when you register;
- data that is collected automatically pursuant to your visit to this Website.
- c. data is given to us by authorized points of contact of your respective Company/School/College/Institution/University after following due diligence of data collection at source
5. Data shared by You
Tata Sons may collect your Data in several ways from your use of this Website. For instance:
- when you register on the website;
- when you use about the services like accessing learning modules;
- when you elect to receive any communications (including any newsletter, promotional offers) from us;
- from the information gathered when you visit the Website.
6. Data that is collected automatically
- We may automatically collect some information about your visit to this Website (such as IP address, navigation on the Website, etc.)
- Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services may collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings.
- Information about the services that you use and how you use them, like the name of the learning module, the duration of the course, interactions with the learning community, the scores/grades that you achieve while completing the course etc.
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). The platform may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Learning account.
7. Data that is shared by authorized points of contact of Company/School/College/Institution/University
- Authorized points of contact of Company/School/College/Institution/University may additionally share data for pre-enrolment of users specific to their Company/School/College/Institution/University on Tata Tomorrow University after following due diligence of data collection at their end
8. Our Use of Data
Data may be used by us for the following purposes:
- provide, maintain, protect, improve and develop new services provided;
- offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results;
- contact for survey or feedback;
- when you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing;
- improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
- to execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications.
9. Who we share Data With
We may share your personal Data with:
- Tata Sons-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Tata group of companies, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns (including marketing and sales)
- our employees and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement; and
- Service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
We usually do not share personal Data collected from the Website with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process; or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of this Website, including preventing or stopping an attack on our computer systems or networks.
10. Your data accessed by other users of the Website
Your Data may be accessed and processed by some individuals from Tata Sons, Tata Group companies or our affiliates that require access to your data for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement.
11. Keeping Data Secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Retention of Personal Data
Tata Sons retains personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the Website, or for other essential purposes such as analysing participations and results in competitions, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
We will retain personal data taken during registration, access and completion for learning modules for ‘user lifetime’ (which is taken to be 80 years from the date of registration).”
13. Your Rights
When we process Data about you, we do so with your one-time consent and/or as necessary to provide the Website you use, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Tata Sons as described in this privacy statement.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. Tata Sons adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request
- copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
- that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to limit the way in which we can use it. We may not be able to block Google from tracking user behaviour as well as some demographic data, including Age and Geography.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data by giving it to third parties referred in paragraph 8 above. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to us on email@example.com
If you want Tata Sons to change your or your team members’ information, please log-in to your profile and make changes. If you want Tata Sons to remove it from the database entirely, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Security of Personal Data
Tata Sons is committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
15. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
In general, personal Data collected and processed under this statement is hosted on servers located in India. Tata Sons is part of a corporate group with affiliates and subsidiaries based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the U.S. and Asia. We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
16. Link to other websites
17. Children and the Learning Platform
If you are a minor, you may use the Learning platform only with the consent of a parent or guardian.
18. Cookies and similar technologies
20. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Tata Sons reserves the right to change this privacy statement as it may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy statement on your first use of the Website following the alterations.